Friday, July 31, 2009

I should have heeded the warning signs

After tiring of the ride on the cart game, Riley was placed inside the grocery cart for the last 3 1/2 minutes of our shopping trip. First I look up to see him sucking on the bottle of dawn. Thankfully, the cap was still closed. Crisis averted.
Then I had to take away the cereal bar he got after ripping open the package. It was chewed and gross.
I then here BITE. This is what he bit:
Photobucket

Y'all, seriously.
Photobucket

BARF. That's raw meat, people. Raw freaking meat. He didn't swallow any. He just took a bite and spit it back out. I can imagine why(the spitting out part, not the wanting to take a bite), though I'd rather not think too long on it.

I called the pediatrician and as long as he doesn't start puking, he should be alright. But I did hear the words, "stool sample" if the vomiting does show up. JOY.

He has mouthed plenty of animal hair and the occasional dog poo from outside. Plenty of bugs and rocks and whatnot.

What disgusting thing has your rug rat put in his/her mouth?

2 comments:

  1. Raw Rice. The OT thought it would be fun to bring over a tub of rice for him to have "sensory" play. I warned her I didn't think it would be a good idea. Next thing you know he's grabbing handfuls and giggling at us trying to keep it out of his mouth. Then...he proceeded to barf it up as well. (sigh)
    Oh and bugs. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's just gross. Although recently I've caught Makena picking up dead bugs out of the window sill and putting them in her mouth. She'll be outside and say "ewww mommy, bug in my mouth!" And then yesterday she picked up a dead dry crunchy flower off the ground outside and chewed on that. Oh - and the poofy dandelion that she didnt' want to blow, but instead suck on. Come to think of it, there are a lot of non-food things going in her mouth these days. Raw meat we have yet to discover. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete