Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baked Penne

It's baked penne because ziti doesn't seem to exist in the South. This is the most delicious baked pasta dish I've ever had. I think it will forever take the place of lasagna. Yesterday evening was chaotic(I was making this, banana pound cake-recipe to come, and applesauce at the same time) so I didn't get any pictures, but I'll be sure to get one as I eat this for lunch. Is that the longest looking sentence in history? Geez.
Photobucket

You'll need:

16oz penne pasta(or any kind of nice sized pasta that you like)

1 onion, chopped--optional

1lb ground beef

2(26oz)jars spaghetti sauce--we used sun dried tomato and sweet basil and it was divine

6oz provolone cheese

1 1/2C sour cream(this totally makes this dish)

6oz shredded mozz

shredded parm



Cook the pasta. Saute the onion and beef(or just beef is you're at my house). Add the sauce to the beef and simmer for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350. Butter a 9x13in dish.

Layer 1/2 of the pasta, provolone, sour cream, and 1/2 the sauce. Then top with the rest of the pasta, mozz, and sauce. Top with parm. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melty.

DEEEEEElish.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment