Monday, July 13, 2009

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I bought this the other day because I ran out of oats when I wanted to make peanut butter fudgies. I never wanted that to happen again. This is the biggest thing of quick oats I've ever seen.
Photobucket

I asked The Guy what kind of cookie he'd like me to make for dessert this week. I suggested sugar or oatmeal or chocolate chip. He said: Ok, whichever. They all sound good. Surprise me.
I took out my handy Cookie Cookbook(thank you, Mom and Dad) from 1996 and started flipping pages. I found this recipe and thought it would be perfect. It has a lot of sugar and a bunch of oatmeal and a bag of chocolate chips!

You'll need:
1 1/4 C packed brown sugar
1C butter, softened
1/2C sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4C ap flour
1tsp baking soda
dash of salt
2 1/2C quick oats
1 (12oz) pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips(I used mini)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars.
Photobucket
Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
Photobucket
Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.

I will now introduce my "helper" who I started taking pictures of instead of the other steps in the recipe.
I see!(this is what he says when he wants to see what you're doing)
Photobucket
Even in his post nap grumpiness, he's a cutie.
Photobucket
His first taste of cookie dough helped a bit.
Photobucket

Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart(does anyone actually pay attention to this "rule"?) onto UNgreased cookie sheets.
Photobucket
Ignore the hand, he couldn't get enough nummy NA.

Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cool one minute before removing to cooling racks. Cool completely before storing.

This makes a LOT of cookies.
Photobucket
This is minus my biggest cookie sheet that was already in the oven.
These are tasty little cookies though Riley liked them better raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment