Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

I took two recipes for chicken parmesan in the cooking light cookbook and kinda combined them to make my own.
Photobucket

Starting with the sauce:
Pour 1C of boiling water over a handful of dry sundried tomatoes. Let sit for 20 minutes to rehydrate.
Photobucket

Finely chop the rehydrated tomatoes and one small onion.
Photobucket

Saute in 1 tsp of olive oil for 5-7 minutes, until onions are soft.
Photobucket

Add in 2 cans of diced tomatoes, juice and all.
Photobucket

Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Photobucket

Meet my impediment. He was alll up in my way. But the cutest little nuisance I've had to deal with in a.....well, that hour.
Photobucket

Add in:
2tsp dried parsely
2 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
Photobucket

Stir it all up and take it off the heat until you get everything else ready.
Cook 8oz of spaghetti with a little oil and keep it ready for putting everything together.

Now for the chicken. You'll need 4 chicken breast flattened to an even thickness. They say 1/4inch but who measures?
Your assembly line:
One plate of flour
A plate/bowl with 2 egg whites, beaten
A dish with 1/2C italian bread crumbs, 1/4C grated parmesan, and a few shakes of pepper
Photobucket
Dip your chicken in the flour
Photobucket
Dip in the egg whites
Photobucket
End in the crumb mixture. Can you find the chicken? This made me think of a sting ray camouflaging itself in sand. I even wonder about me sometimes.
Photobucket

Saute chicken in 1 tbsp of olive oil. It took about 5 minutes a side to get it done and with a nice crispy outside
Photobucket

Now for final construction. I apologize for the horrible lighting, it was night and my kitchen lighting, while beautiful for regular use, does nothing for pictures.

Put the spaghetti in the bottom of 13x9 in baking dish.
Photobucket

Top with half+ of the tomato sauce.
Photobucket

Put your chicken on top of that.
Photobucket

Top each piece with tomato sauce.
Photobucket

Top all that with a cup(or two) of mozzeralla cheese.
Photobucket

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Photobucket

The Guy loved it. I loved the chicken but since I'm not a big fan of tomatoes anyway, I didn't love the sauce.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment