Saturday, June 27, 2009

It wasn't pretty

Yesterday was an ugly day on Mars. Mama was tired and cranky. Brock didn't take good naps. Riley was a 2 year old.
We're off to a rough start today as well. Riley woke up and decided to bust out of his prison and showed up at our door at 6am. He was placated with "CooCoo"(Curious George/Monkey) for all of 15 minutes before he declared, "NO" and got off the bed.

My squash casserole was a yummy success. I took 4 yellow squash and peeled and cut them up.
Photobucket
Boiled them until they were tender(15-20 minutes) and mashed them up a bit. Then I cooked a little box of yellow cornbread. I crumbled it up, combined with the squash and added a can of cream 'o something soup. I think I used celery but mushroom or chicken would have worked well, too. I added to that about a cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese. Put it in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes and this is what came out--
Photobucket
ummm....after I took a few test tastes.
Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment