Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Banana Bread

Cast of ingredients:
Photobucket

That's a stick of butter, 3/4-1 C of brown sugar(I use a full cup b/c I like my bread sweet), 2 eggs, 2+C mashed bananas, 2C all purpose flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.

Cream the butter and sugar together.
Photobucket


Add eggs. Stir. Add bananas.
These look pretty dang nasty all mashed up. I like my bits of banana chunky so that might have something to do with their icky appearance.
Photobucket

Stir. This is where you'd add a bit of vanilla if you like that sort of thing. I normally do.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. I will leave this picture out since it's white stuff in a white bowl and is displeasing to thine eyes.
Instead I'll show you a picture of Chunk, who kept me company. Just hangin' around.
Photobucket

Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until just combined.
Photobucket

If you like it nutty, by all means, throw some in. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. I normally do mini loaves but I killed my pan and threw it out just this morning.

Place in a 350 degree oven for about 60 minutes. Then do the toothpick test. Let rest 10-15 minutes and put on a wire rack for another 20-30 minutes.
Photobucket

Sooooo yummy.

I might have it for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment