Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brock's Big Boy Bed

Check out that alliteration!

BeBe and Granddaddy got Brock a big boy bed for birthday/Christmas this year. The Guy and I picked it out. We agonized over what bed to get for Brock. Riley has this awesome bunk bed that's beautiful and fun and will last forever. We really wanted Brock to have a cool big boy bed but, him being the 2nd kid and all, we didn't want to spend as much money as we did the first time around! Poor Brock.

The Guy and I went to furniture stores all over. I went to a ton with just the kids, and I still could not find a bed I loved. Then I went to Walmart.com. Cue angel music. I found the perfect bed for Brock for the next few years. When he's 5 or 6 he can pick out the bed he's going to be stuck with for the rest of his time in our house.

It came in a really big box that I wanted to save but that The Guy wanted to ditch because he's tired of all the trash I give to the kids in the name of TOY.
Photobucket

The thing is plastic. It's made by the same people that make outdoor slides and climbing toys for kids.
Photobucket

It was a cinch to put together! It might have taken up 20 minutes from start to finish.
Photobucket

The boys love it and play in it almost every day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And the best part? Brock is too scared to climb out of it on his own. So it's just like a crib! I haven't had to deal with him showing up in my room at 1am or banging on his door during nap or coming in to find his room completely destroyed(all things his brother did when he got a bbb).
Photobucket


YAY!

1 comment: